Resident Late Fee Deferral
The Town of Berthoud will defer late fees and water shut offs for utility charges accrued during the months of March and April 2020 (those charges appear on the bills you receive in April and May, respectively). The utility bills you receive in April and May (again, those bills reflect your usage for March and April) will show the amount you will owe for April and May. All unpaid charges will appear on the bill as “past due.”
The full balance must be paid in full by May 26, 2020 or you will be liable for late fees and potential water shut-off. If you are unable to pay the full amount, please contact us before April 26th and we may work with you to create a payment plan.
All usage accrued and billed before March 1, 2020 is still subject to late fees and possible shut-off.
You are responsible for changing any of your Xpress Bill Pay account settings, if applicable.
Business Utility Payment Deferment
Businesses within the Town of Berthoud can opt-in to our Utility Assistance Program which allows qualified businesses to defer utility usage charges accrued during the months of March, April, and May. These are utility bills that would be received in April, May, and June.
To apply for the Town of Berthoud Business Utility Deferment Program:
- You must have a current Town of Berthoud sales tax license.
- Complete and submit an application. All applications must be submitted to email@example.com by April 25, 2020. Applicants will be notified of approval within 6 days of application submission.
- ALL deferred balances are due and payable by December 31, 2020.
- The deferred charges do not accrue interest or late fees and do not subject the property to shut-off actions prior to December 31, 2020. Any deferred balances not paid by December 31, 2020 become subject to late fees and shut-off actions, as appropriate.
- Any charges for utility usage beginning June 1st do NOT become part of the program.These charges would be due and payable according to the due date on each bill. Charges accrued beginning June 1st may be charged late fees and can subject the property to shut-off actions if they are not paid by the due date.
- If your utility account is set up with Xpress Bill, it is your responsibility to modify your set-up with Xpress Bill Pay.If you are set up with auto pay, it is your responsibility to disable this feature if applicable.The Town of Berthoud is not responsible for any Xpress Bill Pay actions.
For more information or questions, please call us at 970-532-2643 or email billing@Berthoud.org.
Online payments for utility accounts are processed using Xpress Bill Pay. Using our online payment system will allow you to access your utility bill online, make one-time/recurring automatic payments using your checking account or credit card, and enroll in paperless billing. Please click below to access the online payment system.
Need to pay your bill on the move? Download Xpress Bill Pay on your iOS device to access many account features from your mobile device. Xpress Bill Pay for Android devices is coming soon.
You may also pay your bill by:
- Mailing your check to: Town of Berthoud, P.O. Box 1229, Berthoud, CO 80513.
- Deliver your payment, check, cash, money order, or credit card, to Town Hall at 807 Mountain Avenue between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. A drop box is available for after-hours drop off.
- Call the billing clerk at Town Hall (970.532.2643) and pay using your checking account or credit card over the phone.
Any payments not received by noon on last business day of the month are subject to a $10.00 late fee.
Your utility bill is payable on or before the due date shown on the bill. Please write your account number on your check.
Shut Off Notice: Any balance carried over from the prior month, not paid by the 15th day of the current month, will automatically generate a Shut Off Notice. To avoid having your services shut off, pay your bill by the date and time indicated on the Shut Off Notice.
Discontinuation of Service: Your utility services will be shut off if you do not pay your bill. A $30 notification fee will be charged to all pass do accounts over two months. Services will be restored after fees and overdue charges are paid.
Payment Extension: If you need to make payment arrangements, call Town Hall at 970.344.5803. Make your arrangements prior to the bill due date.
The Town charges a $25 fee for a returned check, which will be billed to your account. If a check is returned on a delinquent account, services will be discontinued immediately until cash or money order payment is made.