It’s that time of year again! The IRS opened at the end of January and you can file your individual taxes now. The sooner you file, the sooner you’ll be able to get your Child Tax Credit or Earned Income Tax Credit payments.
Get your early start at GetAheadColorado.org.
You could get thousands of dollars in federal money! Apply by filing a tax return – even if you have no income or low income.
What could I get?
- Up to $3,600 per child with the 2021 Child Tax Credit,
- Any missed COVID Stimulus Payments for you and your children/dependents – $600-$3,200 per person,
- The Federal Earned Income Tax Credit (up to $6,728 for 3 children or $1,502 if you are single) if you worked for pay in 2021, and/or
- The Mass. Earned Income Credit (up to $2,018 for 3 children or $451 if you are single) if you worked for pay in 2021. (Insert your state information here or delete)
- Also, you can sign up for payments you missed in the last 3 years and get the money!
Free Help Filing Taxes:
- Local free tax preparation help: https://makechangenoco.org/
- Other web-based free sites: https://www.getyourrefund.org/en (English and Spanish), https://www.211colorado.org/tax-assistance/
Deadline to file taxes is April 18, 2022. There is an easy process for requesting and extension if needed.