Managing Your Workforce
Human Resources and Sick Leave
Laying Off and Reducing Staff
If your organization is preparing to lay off employees, it is vital that you make well-informed decisions. Consider your options by tapping into the expertise of Larimer County Economic and Workforce Development (LCEWD).
- More Information
- Connect with the LCEWD: 970-498-6665 or email@example.com
- Unemployment Insurance
- CARES ACT COVID-19 Unemployment Scenarios & Benefits
- CareerOneStop; U.S. Department of Labor source for career exploration, training and jobs
Social Distancing and Teleworking
The Larimer County Stay at Home Order stresses that essential business who remain open must still follow social distancing requirements to the greatest extent possible and are encouraged to use teleworking as the best way to maximize social distancing in the workplace.
- Additional information on social distancing and Teleworking
- Speak with the Larimer County Health Department: 970-498-5500
- Ask questions or log a concern with the Larimer County Health Department
Early Childhood Council of Larimer County has a new local child care referral website, Larimer Child Care Connect, to help you find the care your family needs. With just a few clicks, you can receive personalized search results for child care programs near you. Find the program best suited for you and your family and filter results by financial aid options, quality ratings, and available spots.
When you find a program that meets your needs, click on a program’s customized profile to show you available spots, hours of operation, program highlights, financial aid options, special COVID-19 precautions, and more! With hundreds of vacant child care spots updated weekly, you can search for programs close to home, school, work, or anywhere in between.
Don’t know how to begin the search for child care? Curious about other child care referral resources, how to understand pricing options, or need some helpful tips? Click here.
Stress and anxiety are heightened during the COVID-19, so it is very important to focus on your own and your staffs’ mental health. Click the link for the list of up-to-date mental health resources maintained by the United Way of Larimer County.
SummitStone Health Partners recently received a grant from FEMA to expand mental health resources in Larimer County due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The counseling and resource support line is available free of charge to anyone who may be impacted by COVID-19. Services provided by the grant, which is called Colorado Spirit, can now be accessed 24/7 through the Health District of Northern Larimer County‘s long-standing Connections line at (970) 221-5551.
If you’re in crisis, call the Colorado Crisis Line 1-844-493-8255.
Larimer County Behavioral Health Services Crisis Response Fund
The COVID-19 coronavirus has gripped the world and affected every individual in our community. Responding to these unprecedented challenges, the Board of County Commissioners approved the recommendation of the Behavioral Health Policy Council to establish the Behavioral Health Services Crisis Response Fund.
The goal of this fund is to make immediate financial support available for the rapidly evolving behavioral health needs of our communities. The BHS Crisis Response Fund makes $100,000 available to 501(c)(3) nonprofits that provide services throughout Larimer County.
This fund will provide assistance to organizations that work with individuals navigating the channels of support for mental health/substance use issues magnified by the COVID-19 crisis.
The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE) has a variety of resources for workers and resources for employers who are impacted by the Coronavirus.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The CARES Act has been signed into law, but those benefits are not yet available until we receive official guidance from the U.S. Department of Labor.
- For those who are self-employed, independent contractors, gig-economy workers, and employees of nonprofit churches or other religious organizations, or who are requesting an extension of benefits, please check back with this page for the latest information. We will update this site and notify news outlets when we are ready to accept claims.
- For those who were previously eligible for regular unemployment and have already filed a claim, please continue to request payment every two weeks, even if you ran out of benefits already.
For those who were previously eligible for regular unemployment and have already filed a claim, please continue to request payment every two weeks, even if you ran out of benefits already.
- If your last name begins with a letter from A to M: Please file your unemployment claim on a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, or after 12 noon on Saturday.
- If your last name begins with a letter from N to Z: Please file your unemployment claim on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or before 12 noon on Saturday.
- OnwardCO: Have you lost your job? One-stop resource for the people of Colorado impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Larimer County Economic and Workforce Development (LCEWD) Managing a Layoff: a 30-minute session via Zoom every Wednesday at 1:00 PM. Includes an overview of available services through LCEWD, information regarding Unemployment Insurance applications, information on your healthcare options, and an opportunity to ask your questions.
- Larimer Health Connect: Free service that helps people find the best options for health insurance to meet their family’s health needs and budget
United Way of Larimer County Resource Page (information on relief funds, volunteering opportunities, food assistance, medical assistance, senior support, unemployment and financial resources, utlities/rent assistance, family resources and more).
Neighbor to Neighbor (apply for rent assistance, evicition prevention, rental options and more).
Volunteer Resource Center for Larimer County: Serve your neighbors by helping meet their essential needs. Thank you United Way of Larimer County!
Childhood Council of Larimer County: Get connected to School-Age Childcare and find other helpful resources on their website.