DDA, DBA and City of Fort Collins
- Fort Collins has created a temporary program to expand options for restaurants and bars to operate in outdoor patio settings adjacent to their businesses.
- The intent of the program is to allow for greater social distancing and safety for bar and restaurant‐goers when public health orders allow restaurants and bars to resume sit‐down service.
- To gauge interest, Fort Collins has created an application for businesses for the City to review.
- Final rules and regulations are in development. Under this program, Fort Collins would consider allowing businesses to expand existing patio space or establish new outdoor areas, potentially including parking lots, sidewalks, street parking spaces, and possibly closing select streets to expand outdoor operating areas. The City would maintain ADA access at all times.
- All outdoor seating must be spaced at least six feet apart.
- It is strongly encouraged to test workforce for COVID-19.
- Use single-use paper menus, condiments, etc.
- Provide easily accessible sanitizing options for patrons and employees.
- It is strongly encouraged to implement contact-less ordering and payment processes.
- All restaurants are encouraged to use a reservation system to prevent capacity issues and patrons from congregating while waiting for service.
- Facial coverings must be worn by all staff members.
- Request facial covering of customers when not eating or drinking (i.e., walking past other tables to be seated and/or using restroom).
- Floor markings for traffic control and waiting queue space is highly recommended.
- Limit contact with dining guests by reducing the number of visits wait staff make to each table.
- Maintain ADA access at all times in the public right-of-way.
Find a list of Frequently Asked Questions here.
Outdoor Winter Dining: As winter is approaching, and outdoor dining becomes chillier, we expect tents and heaters to be added to both permanent and temporary outdoor dining spaces.
- To add heaters to your spaces please fill out a PFA permit here: https://www.poudre-fire.org/online-services/contractors-plan-reviews-and-permits/ast-ust-permit-application
- For tents over 400 square feet, or general tent questions, please contact Justin Moinester firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review the Winter Outdoor Dining Guidance.