The Town of Erie is implementing a Small Business Emergency Relief Grant Program. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. There are limited funds available for the Program, and awards will be made based on demonstrated financial need and potential for future business viability (as demonstrated through the application and the requested supporting materials).
- Submit application form
- Upon receipt of the application we will be calling you to verify your information and application and will provide instructions on how to upload sensitive information.
- The following documents will be requested to complete the application process:
- 2018 Tax Return/K-1 (or 2019 if filed)
- Last 3 months bank statements
- Certificate of good standing from the Colorado Secretary of State
- Copy of current lease for the space in which the business is located
Applications will be reviewed first by Erie’s staff for completeness and eligibility. Following a determination of eligibility, applications will be reviewed and scored by a Review Committee composed of Town staff and representatives from the board of the Erie Chamber and the Erie Economic Development Council. The Review Committee will make recommendations on the application to the Town Administrator, who will consider the Review Committee’s recommendation and make the final determination to approve, defer, or deny a grant award.
The Program is open to small businesses and restaurants with a brick-and-mortar presence within the Town’s boundaries, including locally owned franchises. Home-based businesses are not eligible for the Program. $10,000 grants are available for small businesses with 11+ full-time employees. $5,000 grants are available for small businesses with 2-10 employees.